Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Letter to the Editor

While it may be true that I have indeed begun to read Twilight, I must refute the unfounded and inaccurate accusation of being addicted to the book. I did notice the 4 unsolicited camera flashes from the paparazzi as I tried to make sense of the endless rambling I was reading. I am currently on page 275 and let me summarize the book so far.

Bella: I hate Forks
Everyone: How do you like Forks?
Bella: I love Forks.
All the Boys: I Like Bella
Bella: No boys like me and I don't like boys
Bella: Who are you?
Edward? I'm Edward and I have creepy eyes
Bella: I like you
Edward: I'm dangerous
Bella: I like you more
Edward: You shouldn't like me we can't be together. I'm dangerous.
Bella: I like you
Edward: I like you too but I might kill you. Is that okay
Bella: I like you. Can I watch you kill a cougar
Edward: No

I can't wait to see how Jacob fits into this whole thing. I did like the first 150 pages or so but the middle is really starting to drag. I would like to see Edward smash a few more cars or man-handle a few more bears.

-Dan

7 comments:

Katherine said...

I must say that I gt a good Belly laugh out of that post!

Gary Church said...

The fourth book ruined the entire series for me. I still haven't finished the 4th one cause it's so boring to me. The end of Twilight made the whole book worth it to me though.

Sharon Wagoner said...

I liked them all and read all the books really fast. I liked how it ended all the loose ends all tied up nice and neat. Oh and my hubby is kind of the same way about fiction but he found an author who writes novels that are Indiana Jones meets Mission Impossible meets James Bond. His name is James Rollins and alot of the details of the book are true so you are kind of learning something while you read a good fiction book. I even like them.

Shawn and Tasha said...

I'm cracking up!:) Way to go Dan! Just wait for the 3rd book...lots of fighting.:) Yeah, the 4th was a little bit too predictable & too "nice 'n neat" of an ending. I wanted to see a little more of a battle.

Erin R. said...

Thanks for the analysis Dan! :-)

Perry Parents said...

Thats funny. Love your summary... eventhough the book is still the most amazing ever!

~melissa

tawna said...

Bahahaha.


I have to say-

1) wow. that was a perfect description of the plot.

and yet...

2)I still read them and enjoyed them. Though they are NO harry potter.