Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Did someone say Grandma's house?!

One of the best things about living in Portland is that we are only a 2 hour's drive to Grandma and Grandpa Perry's house. The kids LOVE their Gamma and Gampa. And who can forget Aunt Melissa?! Melissa is still young enough to keep up with they're energy level by chasing them around and wrestling with them. However, we're learning that we can't tell them where we are going, or even mention their names, or else this is what we will hear all day:



I think it's funny how frustrated Michael was when I was trying to film Chelsea about why she loves Grandma's house so much when he said "MMOOOOOOMMM! GRANPAS!" But who can blame them? Our last trip up they got to sleep in the big beds in the bonus room all by themselves, and the toys! OH, the TOYS! :) There is also plenty of room to run around. And when it's time to make cookies, you can bet there are 4 helping hands ready to....well, lets just be honest...snitch the dough!





Poor Chelsea, turned on the hot water faucet (the one used for instant hot water for hot cocoa) instead of the normal faucet when she was asked to get her hands washed. It wasn't hot enough to cause any dammage, but it hurt her enough that she couldn't help mix the cookies.

Luckily the pain went away soon enough so she could at least have a taste of the blonde-brownie goodness.



We're headed back up to Grandma's and Grandpa's house again tomorrow. They are so kind to watch the kiddos while we continue on to Spokane to meet with a dental broker and check out the area. Chelsea is extremely excited, because its her turn to take the preschool class pet, a stuffed-dog, Jeb, home and THIS time he gets to go on a trip to Grandma's house. What fun!

6 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Melt your heart! I love it! It is so fun to see the video of your kiddos. Thanks for sharing!

Katie Page said...

It is fun to hear your voice! It has been a while since we talked. One of these days I'll figure out how to do all these cool blogger things!

Michelle said...

I had to play the song "Hey Jealousy" in the backround when I saw this post. I wish we lived as close as you guys do to Mom and Dad!! We're excited for you guys to move closer to us though. I just reconnected with some friends who live in the spokane valley. I am going to try and get some info about spokane from them for you guys.

Katherine said...

Okay so I talked to some people that just moved into our ward here in chicago and they are from.... Dun dun dun!!!!!! (that was a drum roll), Spokane! I said great lets chat...
So the down low is...
Noth Spokane is good, south spokane no so good, and the valley not so good. They said that nothern spokane has a lot of the good nice safe places etv. The North spokane stake they said is absolutely wonderful they said it is the best stake ever, they were really excited about it, I will see if they can give me the names of any towns or places that they like when I talk to her next, but they basically said try to stick to northern spokane!

Shawn and Tasha said...

You guys make me miss having family close by. You're SO lucky! Nothin' like bakin' cookies at grandma's house!:-)

Emily said...

What a bummer! Like you said, at least you didn't leave and have to turn around. That would have stunk.