Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Let it snow!


So, this is a few weeks late...but better late than never. Every year since we've lived here, it has at least snowed ONE day. We waited and waited, and it finally came! Lucky for us, our friend Ashley already had the day off from school and so she came to play with us.
We don't have snow gear for the kids, so Michael had his hands in about 3 layers of thick socks with a hair band around his wrists to hold them on. It kept his fingers nice and toasty, but he had an awful time trying to pick up the snow. He wasn't that interested in touching it, but loved just making snow tracks with his boots.

There was just enough snow to build a snowman.
Chelsea made the body all by herself, Ashley made the bottom, and our neighbor Clayton made the head. Michael found sticks for the arms. It was an awesome group effort. :) Afterwards, we came in for some nice hot Christmas cocoa. YUM!




My friend and neighbor (Clayton's mom), Natasha, building three mini snowmen. She is the wife to a first year dental student, and I LOVE having her for my neighbor. She's from Arizona and it has been so fun to see her get so excited about all the rain, the colorful fall leaves, and now the snow. She was just like a little kid having the time of her life, even with frozen fingers.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

If you guys want more snow just let me know and I can overnight you some in a cooler. We have enough to go around. I remember growing up in WA and hoping every night that it would snow. It looks like you guys had tons of fun.

tawna said...

haha- how cute are yall! I love the pic. of your neighbor scraping the snow off the parking lot.

Come pick up some of our 12907502975091275019297521097120975107 days-in-a-row of snow.

BOOOO.

and I have SUCH a cute swimsuit awaiting the sun! BOOO.

Emily said...

How fun. Snow is great especially if it's not snowing every day. Your kids look like they had such a great time.

Shawn and Tasha said...

Wasn't that SO much fun!!! I loved it & hope we get it again. Yay for Oregon!:-)