Monday, February 25, 2008

A tribute to my Chelse-a-roodi

I received a comment from someone I love VERY dearly, that I do not showcase Chelsea as much as I do Michael. So, here I will be dedicating an ENTIRE post to this sweet little girl. Chelsea is very unique. We can tell she is quite intelligent in one moment, but in the next, we are beginning to wonder. She just gets so spacey! So far in primary she has been assigned two talks and a scripture. The first talk she memorized and was so proud of herself (not to mention the pride beaming from her parents) that she now likes to memorize her assignments so she doesn't have to have any help.

This past Sunday she delivered her second talk. This one was more difficult for her to learn, but she did it. She only needed one little prompt, but the rest she did on her own. We actually took a few takes of this talk, but I like this one the best because of the many times she drifts off into "La La" land. At one point I have to coax her back to reality. Oh, and don't be alarmed by the buzzing sound at the end of the video. It's not a gigantic bumble bee, just Dan brushing his teeth with his electric tooth brush. (He's going to be a great dentist!)

** Warning: This video is quite long and only meant for the diehard Perry Party Fan!***


We are also pleased to announce that Chelsea has completed the first level of the "Mozart Mouse" piano method series. We will be going out for ice-cream tonight to celebrate. We wanted to share this joyous occasion with you as Chelsea performs "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" for your own personal recital.



Chelsea's favorite thing is still babies. She loves it when we babysit babies or even just watch you tube movies about babies. She is always coming up with names for our next babies (aka her broters/sisters) and can't wait for them to arrive. (This is NOT an announcement) She will be quite the mother one day.

She also loves to wear skirts...but I struggle to find any that I think are appropriate. She got a little white skirt to wear to her Aunt Jennifer's wedding last year and she would wear that thing everyday if she could. Unfortunately, I still have to go to a community laundry room, so I'm not willing to wash it EVERY night. :)

My favorite thing she says when I tell her I love her is "Mommy, I'm going to live right next to you forever and be your neighbor. Then we can play all day together." I hope this comes true because I love my girl SO much. Thanks Chelsea for being my sweet, beautiful, baby girl. I love you!

7 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

What a sweet little girl you have. Multi-talented, smart, sweet, etc..(hmm, kinda reminds me of her mom):-). You and Dan have done a terrific job teaching & rearing her (obviously!!!) She is SO good with Packer & if she were a few years older I would be calling her every night to babysit.:-)

what kind of a name is abra said...

Okay, now your just making me jealous, that really isn't fair. Such a girly-girl. I need to go cry a little......

Katherine said...

I sure like that little girl, Hailey can grow up to be ust like her! I am way impressed by her... During her talk I was thinking she is why there is hope for the world!! :o) What a cutie!

what kind of a name is abra said...

Loved hanging out with you yesterday, your little ones are so cute and totally make me smile. I ADORE Michael's giggling and CHelsea's smiling. Here is that site I was telling you about http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/

Enjoy,

Staigerfamily said...

I loved this blog! The talk was SO sweet and the piano playing adorable! you have a little angel on your hands. I got all choked up missing you guys (although the fact I am 7 months pregnant, exhausted, and awake at 3:45 a.m. because I can't sleep might have something to do with it too!) Miss you like crazy! Jaron needs more Chelsea in his life!

Staigerfamily said...

just showed the boys the videos. . .the loved it. It will probably end up like your others. . .we get to watch them over and over and over! They miss their cousins!

tawna said...

1) You are super lame for not calling back.

2) I hope you get your phone fixed.

3) this happened several days ago. (the gash)

4) Um, My kid has been walking for like centuries now.
Or at least since dec. 4th.

5)i checked out that food blog. BAH! SO MANY THINGS TO BAKE!
you should come out here and we can just have a fabulous bake-fest. With Nate and Molly's ingredients, of course. :P

6) I will finally post that i love the chels tribute. She deserves it. :)

7)PLEASE COME VISIT. PRETTY PRETTY PRETTTTTTTTTTY PLEASE.

8)um......not really sure of anything else to say, but i thought it would be cool if i could get up to 10.

9) oh yeah- YOU NEED A NEW POST. I am running out of ways to put off homeworking. Flurb.

10) I LOVE YOU!!!!!

oh...11) How has anyone NOT had to use one of those cursed mouth-dams? I instantly recognized it. Pathetic.

12) Christian has gotten himself stuck in our shoe basket, so I shall save him.

13) I LOVE YOUUU!