Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Changes

I should have started with a picture of Brinly's crazy hair. She has been throwing tantrums every time I try to fix her hair. Her hair is so fine that I have to wet it to get a grab on it, and then it breaks so easily that I hated to put it in hair bands. She screams when I try to wet it with a spray bottle, and I was tired of the daily fight.  I knew I had to cut it. It's so hard to do that, since I know how slowly our hair grows. 

I set up the hair appointment on Thursday, for the following Tuesday. Saturday night, she miraculously let me put her hair in sponge rollers. 

In the morning, she had these beautiful curls!!! 
She calls them "boingys"
It made me want to call up the salon and cancel her hair appointment.



 (My pretty girls ready for church)
It was hard for me to keep my hands out of her curls during church!
But after her Sunday nap, her hair was nappy again, and reality set back in.

Here is the before 

It actually looked pretty good this morning, so I hesitated again with the decision to cut it.  But with summer coming, I knew we needed something easier...

Side note: The hair dresser sprayed her hair with water like CRAZY. It was dripping wet. 

She didn't even BUDGE. what's up with that?!


The After:

  
It looks like there is a funny long section in the middle back, but it's just  piece that has flipped out a little. 

Although I'm sad the longer locks are gone, it looks so much better now. Hopefully it will grow in fuller and we will once again, have longer hair that she will actually LET me do!





3 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

So SO CUTE!! The hair cut is adorable and does look a lot fuller . . . but I absolutely LOVE The boings!! Can you still do that with the new length? Even if not, I think you made the right choice--it looks so cute with the new cut!

Erin R. said...

Darling!! Wish I had a little girl to put "boings" in her hair. :-)

Shawn and Tasha said...

So darling! This is probably why I don't have girls- I can barely curl my own hair. :)