Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life goes on...

WARNING: long post ahead!

When I was pregnant, a phrase that often came out of my mouth was
"After they baby is born..."

Well, the baby is here, and life must go on.

What has Michael been doing?

Lots. Too much. Mischief. Boy stuff.

1) He cut his hair. (I have no idea when...I just noticed it one morning at breakfast)
2) Caught him peeing on the sidewalk in front of our house, another morning...or was it the same morning?
3) Gets caught eating nummies (cookies, brownies, candybars, etc.) on a daily basis. in his bed. at 6 AM.
4) cleans my windows with any spray (sunscreen, hairspray, 409) he can get his hands on...except window cleaner...of course.
5...
6...
7...
(We won't bore you)

Chelsea has been busy.



Busy. Holding the baby. HER baby sister.

Also, finishing her tap/ballet class. Aren't they cute? It was the longest recital of my LIFE, but I'm glad she did it and is now DONE.




Together, they have been playing in the backyard (getting eaten alive by all these gosh darn MOSQUITOS),

swimming in their little pool...

painting boxes...




eating (drum roll please....) OCTODOGS!


Everytime I say that I feel like I'm announcing a new superhero or something. This was one of Dan's creative lunch creations. The kids LOVE them.

As for Brinly...

She had her 2 week appointment today.

She now weighs NINE pounds! I might get my chunky baby after all! She's 97 percentile for her weight! WAHOO! :)
She measured in at 20" again, but I think it was the nurses' first day...

She has had her first bath.



And gotten her first professional pictures taken. I hope it's not illegal for me to post these...someone please let me know if it is, so I can take them down before getting caught! :)










As for me and Dan...that's a post for later! :)

10 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

Oh my goodness, where do I start? Okay first, Michael. hahaha Peeing on the sidewalk reminded me how last summer (on a regular basis) Clayton would drop his drawers when he would go outside with me to water the grass at the apartment. Yeah, I'm sure all of the residents loved that one. As for eating everything in the wee hours of the morning- both of my boys do it too. The other day it was dry spaghetti. Clayton's words were "we just wanted a snack."

I know I always say Chelsea couldn't be any cuter, but here she has proven me wrong again. What a sweetie she is.

As for Brinly- OH MY GOODNESS! Those pictures are so adorable. I love that you did some with her too. She's beautiful AND chubby and oh so eatable. I love your kiddos.:)

Janet said...

Brinly is so beautiful. I love, love, love the pictures. Michael makes me laugh...boys will be boys. Was Dan like that when he was little? Ha,Ha. Chelsea will be such a wonderful big sister and helper. Hallie would die to be in her situation. She wants me to have another baby so bad. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. First off, those green things in the garden are "walls of water" for tomatoe plants. Not sure the official name or if they have one but everyone uses them so we figured we would too. I guess its supposed to help them get going and not freeze until they get bigger and stronger and then you can take them off and put those metal rack things on them. Let me know if you are still looking for a trailer. I looked in the phone book and can't find the name of the place we rented Grandma's. I think it was Outfitters but if you still need to know I will drive by or investigate it further. Like you said, I am pretty sure they would be rented for the 4th, but who knows. I would be glad to dig deeper if you are still interested. Have a great day!!!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

Fabulous pictures! Sounds like you are doing well and that Michael is still adjusting. So are my boys, just in different ways. Brinly looks nice and chunky!

Erin R. said...

1. LOVE the Michael stories!!! So many fun things to look forward to with our boys! 2. I just knew that Chelsea would be a fabulous big sister! The picture of her holding Brinly is so precious! 3. And last but not least, LOVE the pictures of baby Brinly! What a doll! You look so great in them too!!

thesearlesociety said...

That Michael is so funny! Chelsea is such a good big sister too! And those pictures of Brinly and you are so adorable! You look great, by the way... don't even look sleep deprived and like you have 3 kids! I wish we could see you guys when we are in Oregon next week (for 2 weeks). We will meet up again!

Connor and Jana said...

I love it!! Micheal cracks us up, we are always laughing at your posts! He seems like a goer, yet a very sweet boy! That picture of Chelsea and Brinly is so sweet, I love that Chelsea is so into her! Are the mesquitoes bad at your house too? They are awful at ours. I love the pictures of Brinly, they are adorable. Neither of my girls would take the naked pictures, they always wanted their clothes on! So cute!! I hope you are doing well!!

Emily said...

Okay...those are some seriously adorable pictures!!

tami sue stark said...

Hey, congratulations on your sweetie pie baby girl. I love those pictures. Did she pee or poo during the photo shoot? We took my niece to get pictures when she was 10 days old and she kept squirting pee and poo and we finally gave up and put her diaper back on. Me and the kids are going to Oregon this thursday the 25th. I hope it's a fun trip and that the kids are good. Bridger seems to have a chronic ear infection, poor baby. How is everything in WA going for you?

Brit said...

wow, so that's what it's like to have 3 kids huh? hmmm. . . . Beautiful baby tho!

Gary Church said...

Love the octodogs! And your punk boy would get along with my punk boy! And that baby is toooooo cute!! And you too! You look amazing! xoxo.