Tonight, I was able to watch my little brother graduate from High School in Plano, TX, from my home in Tri-cities WA. The ceremony was broadcasted via webcam, so I was able to watch it on my computer.
There are over 1200 graduates in Evan's class, and as I type...they are only in the M's. I've eaten dinner, cleaned up dinner, and gotten my kids ready for bed, as I watch. THIS is the way to watch a graduation! :) I ran back to the computer when I could tell it was almost his turn to walk...
snapped a picture, and went back to chores.
Evan is an awesome guy. He was only 8 when I left home for college, so I've missed out a lot on his life. I remember before I left, he would always try to pick me up, but I was too big. Every time I'd come home (a few times a year...if that), he'd try to pick me up, and each time, he'd picked me up a little higher. Now, he could lift me up, flip me over, and spin me around his head...if he wanted too.
Evan. well, Evan is NOT like me. He is so ambitious, outgoing, VERY smart, politically educated and opinionated, etc. In fact, he auditioned to give a speech at his graduation. Definitely, NOT me. NO way would I WANT to get up in front of THAT many people and speak!
I am SO grateful I was able to watch him give his speech, because he did awesome. He was funny, sentimental, and well, animated. :)
Ev, I love you! Congrats on graduating. Have a blast this summer, and we'll see you in the fall as you start the next stage of your awesome life! Wish I could have been there in person, but I'm glad I was able to watch it all!
Still on the M's.....
4 comments:
That is very cool! It's great that you could watch him without having to travel. I can't believe he graduated. We are officially getting old now!
BTW, I didn't know you live in the tri-cities. I was there twice for a conference.
That is way to cool. I have been to 3 graduations this year all over the states and none of them have been broadcast. I am SOOO Jealous.
How awesome! Technology is amazing. Yeah, I definitely would not have volunteered to give a speech either! I don't like any public speaking-even in church!
That's awesome! I'm so glad you could be a part of Evan's graduation even though you are so far away.
Post a Comment