Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We have an announcement!

Nope, not a baby, but something almost as important!

We've decided to move to the Tri-cities area of South-Eastern Washington! Dan will be working at a group practice in Kennewick, so we'll live there or the neighboring city of Richland. Unfortunately, it's not quite as green as the Northwest (okay, it's not even close) but it's going to be so great! The columbia river runs right through the three cities, so there's lots of water sports (YAH!) and some mountains are pretty close by so we can get our fill of snow during the winter months.

The best part....LOTS OF SUN!!!!!

AND, check out this awesome bridge! (...that we plan on NOT crossing to get to work....yeah, learned that lesson from all the Portland bridges)

Right now we are living in Lakewood, WA, with Dan's parents. They have been so nice to let us cram all our stuff in their bonus room (actually, there's still quite a bit of room left) and let us lounge around for the month of July. It's been SO nice. The kids love Grandma and Grandpa's house. They have their own beds, and Dan and I have our own room. The kids can play outside all day, splash in the hot-tub, play with Grandma's toys, and we can't forget the awesome selection of cartoon movies!

As for me, I am LOVING my freedom. I was sad to leave all of my friends in Portland, but I seriously felt a huge load fall off of me as I drove away from the apartment complex. I learned a lot from managing, and I've become much more outgoing because of it, but I worry too much. I am so happy that the complex is now in great hands with my good friend Tasha. She's such a quick learner, and SO patient, she's going to do great! And I hope I don't offend anyone that manages, or has managed, or might manage...it is an awesome job, especially since it allowed me to stay at home with my kids.

However, I was never able to actually go on vacation from it, because it was always in the back of my mind. "Is someone's water heater going to go out, or even worse, leak? Did someone not report a leak in the bathroom or that they need a new caulk job in the bathroom and now the water is dripping down below into the kitchen? Did someone ignore the NO GRILLS ALLOWED policy and now the whole complex is on fire?" Although none of these thigns happened...at least while I was AWAY, the fear was always there. I love just being able to focus on my number one job, motherhood. I feel much more relaxed and more patient, which is what I have been so anxious for. I remember when I first started managing, I talked to the previous manager, and she said she was so bored without all the managing stuff to worry about. I wondered how that would be...for two and a half years....and I'm so happy to report, I am NOT bored! I go for walks in the morning, help do yard work, I can scrapbook when I want, THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Thanks Dan, for finally graduating!!!! :)

Hello? You still there? Nah, I don't blame you for falling asleep. I just had to shout that out to the world. Oh, OH! I forgot another awesome part! I GET TO SEE MY FAMILY!!!!! I finally get to go to the Clark reunion again, and I get to see my brothers and sisters in Utah. Both my sisters have had babies, and I haven't seen anyone but my parents in over a year. WAY to long. And how long do I get to see them? AS LONG AS I WANT! (err...as long as they'll let me mooch off their floor space....)

Okay, so that's enough. Kennewick...here we come! And for all you portlanders passing through to Utah, it's just a quick 1/2 hour side-trip from I-5, so come and visit! We miss all of our friends so much, but look forward to many happy reunions to come!

15 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Dan, congratulations on graduating! Thanks for the update Tia,to let you know, I do visit your site more often than you know I just don't leave a comment everytime I visit. Jonathan.

Staigerfamily said...

Whoa. . . that was weird. . . I came here to make a comment and it looked like I already did. . .
This is TAM this time. . .
Trisa, I am so happy for you. I cannot express how happy I am for you. I am thrilled Dan is done with school and you get to move on with life. I am so glad you have more freedom and hope we can see a lot more of each other. I can't wait to have a big sleepover party in just a couple of weeks!!! I love you TONS!!

Michelle said...

Okay so I am still bummed that I couldn't make you choose Idaho over WA. But at least you'll be closer to Idaho. We could have been neighbors and let our kids play everyday together. I guess I will have to keep working on Katherine. Anyway I am so excited for you guys. I have some friends that live there and they like it a lot. I can't wait to come visit your new place.

Rebecca McAllister said...

We miss you already! So glad you are done with all the stress of managing and get to have a much deserved break! Congrats on the job and the new adventure you are starting! We want to hear everyting, so keep on posting!

Emily said...

Congratulations!! That is so great and what a relief to know where your going. Good luck.

Gary Church said...

That's so exciting, Trisa! All of it ... graduating, moving, FREEDOM, family ... have fun!! What an accomplishment!

The Moss Family said...

Yeah for graduating!! Cri shave a brother that lives in Kenniwick. Its a fun area. We visited him about three years ago when he got married. Good luck with the move!!

Perry Parents said...

Yay! I am excited for you guys. Plus i love that you guys are staying here for awhile! And I am excited to see your new place! (when you find it, I am sure it will be amazing! :D )

~melissa

Erin R. said...

Yea! I am so excited for you guys! It is always such a great feeling to have a plan set and know where you are going next. We can't wait to see you guys in two weeks!

Connor and Jana said...

Congrats you guys!! That is awesome! When does Dan start! We are so excited for you! And Trisa - I totally know how you feel about the managing stuff. I felt that same lift off of my shoulders! Isn't great! Good luck with the move and the new job!!

Shawn and Tasha said...

First off, yes I miss you A LOT! As I'm sure you know from my bazillion emails I've already sent you in the last couple weeks.:) Thanks for making the managing transition so smooth for me. You are so awesome! You've carried a large load & did a great job too. We are way excited for you guys and this new step over a new bridge!:) haha Congrats on the job & new home & FAMILY time!! Enjoy every bit of it!:)

Katherine said...

Trisa! I love you you are hilarous and wonderful just thought that I would let you know that! Congratulations on moving and graduating and not be a manager anymore you and Dan should go party somewhere, I am a constant worrier as you know, I am sure, so having something that makes you worry takne off of your plate it a Victory!! I am really happy for you guys and I CANT WAIT to see you at the Clark reunion!!! FUN!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is refreshing to read your positive thoughts about the present and future!
Love,
Mom

Dad Hadfield said...

Once again Congratulations to both Dan and Trisa for working together to accomplish Dan's graduation. You have a great family. We so much enjoyed our last visit with you in Portland and look forward to when we can visit you in your new home in Tri Cities. We hope that you are having a great time in Utah seeing your family and friends again.

Keep us posted on when you settle on a house.

Love,

Dad Hadfield

Jill Bagley said...

we are so sad you are gone.
im so glad you came to beach weekend. you should come again eh? we will have to call you next time we do it---maybe, by chance you will be close.
that is crazy about the managing job. you are so lucky its over. i dont know how you did it and had a primary calling !!!:)
i would love to stop by kennewick sometime. is it so beautiful? it seems like your life is beautifully falling into place. im happy for you.
and CONGRATULATIONS!!