Monday, October 8, 2012

It's a miracle! The two kids at home are sleeping at the same time! I should be getting some chores done, or even taking a nap, but that would be selfish of me. How could I deny friends and family the chance to see pictures of my cute baby! :)

Tyler Stewart Perry. 
Our biggest baby...so far. ;-)
8 lbs 14 oz. 
21" long

Reader's Digest version of birth story:

  • Went to 39 week checkup on Thursday, Sept. 13th. (Also the longest pregnancy I've had) I'm dilated to a 4, and %80 effaced.
  • Dr. asked if I wanted my membranes stripped. I said yes. Done. 11:45 AM
  • We also scheduled me to be induced on Saturday.
  • Picked Brinly up from preschool picnic. 
  • Resumed sewing a nursing cover.  Brinly fell asleep.
  • 1:00 PM started feeling contractions. (I had several nights of false-alarm contractions that felt like the real thing, so I didn't get my hopes up)
  • 2:00 PM Started timing them with my phone.
  • 3:00 they were hurting. Bad.
  • Called my friend to pick Chelsea and Michael up from school
  • Called neighbor to take Brinly
  • Finally called Dan at work, and told him to come home
  • Ran around packing kid's bags, while trying to finish sewing the nursing cover. I did not want to come home to the mess of a sewing project, but knew if I put it away, it might be a while before I would finish sewing it!
  • 3:30 PM: Dan gets home, I finish the last, seam, clean up the mess, and we hop in the car.
  • 3:45 arrive at hospital. It's a busy birth day. There are no rooms for me.
  • Finally get a monitoring-waiting room cleaned and ready. I get all hooked up
  • 4:30 Epidural arrives. AHHH.
  • 5:30-ish A delivery room is finally available. 
  • 7:15 I get checked and you can see the head. It's time to push!
  • 5 pushes later, I have a boy!! (7:21 PM)


 My friend Christy was watching the kids, and graciously brought them to the hospital at 8:30 PM to meet their new brother.

 Names. Ugh. We BOTH hate picking out names, and procrastinate as long as we can. Dan printed out a list, and we started by crossing off names we didn't like for sure. Slowly, we came to about 10 maybe's. We decided on a middle name first, Stewart, after Dan. (His middle name). Then there were only a handful that sounded good with Stewart. The nurse comes in with our release papers and so we just pick one. Tyler. Done. Hope he likes it! :)

 Our friends helped our kids make these fun signs to welcome us home!



 My babies! They all look the same!


Tyler



Brinly


 Michael


Chelsea


More cute pics of Tyler. 


In other news: Just had to post this picture of Chelsea. This is part of her Jazz class that performed at an event last week. The costumes were super cute and she did such a great job. They danced to a circus themed song. 




Bye for now!


6 comments:

Erin R. said...

Thank you, thank you for the update!! I'm sure you would rather be napping when your kiddos are, but I loved seeing the pictures of your darling Tyler!

Staigerfamily said...

So glad you sacrificed and posted this for us!! It made me cry . . . seriously. So happy for you and your family and wishing like crazy I could be there. Love you so much!! What an adorable little boy!! And . . . those dance costumes . . . wow!

Connor and Jana said...

Congrats!! He is such a cutie! Your kids are all getting so big. Hope things are going well for you and your family.

Edda Phillips said...

What a cute baby! Loved all the details - I can't believe you finished cleaning up your sewing project while packing all the kids' bags. Crazy woman! :) You look beautiful, too. Congrats!

thesearlesociety said...

Yeah! So glad you posted pictures and your story when I'm sure you would rather have been sleeping! Such a cute baby! All you're kids are cute. They are all getting so tall too. Good luck with everything! Hope everything is going well.

Brit said...

Congrats!! And yes all your babies look the same!!