Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A mother's day gift I'll always cherish

We actually were ready for our 8:30 AM church EARLY, so I grabbed the kids, shoved them on a blanket and snapped a few pictures. They didn't get "Easter outfits" this year, but I wanted to remember how old they looked.

And an out-take. :)



For Mother's day, the primary presidency went around to all the primary children and asked them 8 questions about their mom, then compiled the answers in a booklet and passed out to their moms on Mother's day. Here are a few with Chelsea and Michael's answers and a few of the typical answers:

1) I make my mom happy when I...
  • Hug her 
  • Do my mom's chores- Michael
  • Help Clean the house - Chelsea
  • Help make dinner
  • Don't fight with sibblings.
2)Why did your mom want to have kids?
  • I have NO idea.
  • Because she loves us.
  • She was bored. 
  • She always wanted a family- Chelsea
3)When I'm at school, my mom...?
  • Plays on facebook
  • leans
  • Runs Errands
  • Goes Visiting teaching -Chelsea
4) My mom doesn't like...
  • fighting
  • whining
  • Mustard
  • When you don't get dressed fast. -Chelsea
  • Slamming her face on a wall. She also doesn't like going up in the sky on a rocket. -Michael
5) I love my mom when she...
  • makes me cookies
  • hugs and kisses me
  • helps me with homeowrk
  • she says yes to me
  • Takes us somewhere -Chelsea
  • Cleans my room and does all my chores so I can play on the computer all day. That's all I love about my mom. -Michael
6) My mom likes too...
  • Make dinner
  • clean
  • Okay skib-bo Junior
  • Decorate the house -Chelsea 
  • Play with me. -Michael
7)You mom wishes she had more...
  • more control over her children
  • Babies
  • Time
  • Kids/Children -Michael and Chelsea
  • Life-It's a cereal.
8) Your mom is prettiest when she...
  • smiles
  • goes to church- Chelsea 
  • Get's married
  • sings
  • Runs and runs and runs because her hair flops off and on to her face.-Michael
9) How old is your mom?
  • She told me, but I don't remember...maybe 100?
  • It starts with a 3 and has a 5.
  • I don't know. She is older than me.
  • I don't know...you should ask her.
  • 41 or 42? Less than 100.
  • I think less older than m dad. My dad is a lot older than my mom.- Michael


5 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

This was CLASSIC! I absolutely LOVE it! Chelsea comes off so sweet and Micheal is such a little HAM! So funny! You don't like having your face slammed into a wall?!? C'mon! And the flopping hair . . . I am still laughing. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Katherine said...

I love that picture of your kids, I am going to print it out and put it on my fridge!! I wish I lived closer so I could hug them all! And I loved that primary idea. I personally love to slam my head on the wall!!! :o) hehe

Perry Parents said...

Oh Trisa, that was so funny! I laughed so hard. I'm probably going to have to tell my roommates what he said. haha Micheal is such a funny kid.

~Melissa

Erin R. said...

Super cute!! Michael is so funny!! I wonder what my boys would say... Maybe I don't want to know! :-)

thesearlesociety said...

That was awesome. I never would have guessed Michael was such a little stinker! Cute, cute, I love it!! Love the picture of the kiddos too.

P.S. what temple picture are you going with?!