When I see it, I think Pooey Allup fair. But, it's PEW Allup. Silly, I know.
Anyway, we went up to see Dan's parents this weekend, and go to the P. Fair. (There, we'll just make it easier on everyone.)
When we lived in Portland, we saw them almost every month! I didn't realize how long it's been since we've been to their home. Too long. It was so nice to be back.
The weather was a little cool in the morning, but warmed up beautifully. They always enjoy helping Grandpa feed the fish.
Grandma always has cool leftovers from her job as a 2nd grade teacher. This time, they made puppets and a puppet stage.
I love this picture of Michael...talk about an evil eye...
The P. Fair's theme this year was...
"Free your Glee".
....
(crickets)
....
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I know....it must have been a late night, close to the theme deadline...to have to settle on that one.
Anyway, even more disapointing then the theme, was the expense. The rides were CRAZY expensive, so we had to limit the kid's to about 4 or 5 each.
Michael chose the "race cars"...
Chelsea wanted the spinning bears. They had that thing spinning like crazy, before the ride even started!
The flying swings...
And of course, the Ferris Wheel.
They weren't quite big enough to go alone, so Dan splurged and went with them.
He offered to let me go, but I don't do well on things that go in circles.
Luckily, they did have some free things..
like cool face painting...(spray paint)
Notice Michael's mouth? We caught him looking at his reflection and he kept making these funny faces with his mouth to try to see his cool spider web.
We only had 10 tickets left, not quite enough for both kids to go on another ride, so we let them pick one "game to play"
Michael chose the strong man hammer thingy.
You should have seen his face when they handed him his prize:
I think he finally "Freed his Glee". (snicker...)
He was one happy kid. I, personally, was relieved that he won something. We purposely tried to pick something that you could "win every time".
Phew.
Next up, Chelsea:
Yes, another "win every time" game. Pick a duck, and win a Small, Medium, Large, or Jumbo prize.
She won a LARGE! WAHOO!!
My personal highlight of the day:
Just warms a mom's heart....
I wish we had a picture with mom and dad. We had a great day!





5 comments:
My Glee was freed looking at your blog... or maybe just laughing at that name! I always tell my Dan about the PEW-allup fair and he really wants to go one day in his life. He loves rides, its his kind of thing. I love Michaels face with his prize that is great and I love that family picture at the end of your post you all look really so great, I just am excited to see you all again.
That was full of Glee Freeing fun just reading this post! I love your humor. Looks like so much fun! I'm with you on the things that go in circles thing . . . just looking at that spinning bear and reading about the kids spinning it . . . made my stomach churn. :)
You look super cute--is that a new haircut?
So fun! I have fun memories of going to the P-fair when I was little. We are going to be in Lakewood the weekend of November 12th to see my grandparents. Any plans for a trip back there? If you are, we would LOVE to see you!!
We had a great visit. Love you guys!
I am so jealous!!!!! I love the fair. I was just telling Matt the one year we are going to let the kids skip a week of school and go to the fair. The first year we lived in Idaho we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair (which is a big deal out here) and it was so lame. We have never been back. Too bad is was so expensive. It looks like the kids had a fun time anyway.
Post a Comment