Monday, September 6, 2010

Chelsea's birthday room

This is what you see when you open the door.
We ordered this vinyl tree and leaf kit from a company on e-bay. Then, attached pictures with ribbon to a few of the branches.


The pictures are just of Chelsea and Brinly, in different ages.

This was one of Chelsea's requests. 
Flowers in picture frames. 
I love how they turned out!

When we "revealed" the room, these boxes were just plain boxes I picked up at the dollar store. I got her some embellishments, so we she could decorate them. I think she did a great job!

This is the wall opposite her bed. 
Part of me is very tempted to paint the crib white, since it is sooo chewed up, but there are just soo many projects on my list, that this one just isn't a priority.

This is her favorite spot. 
Her own little reading nook. 
It's a favorite place when friends come over as well.

And the wall, opposite the window, with the closet.

This is my second favorite part of the room. (The tree being the first, of course)

I love these sweet little butterflies we found at Craft Warehouse. They are made from white feathers!

Hope you like it! I had a blast doing it, and look forward to working on the rest of my house! 

10 comments:

Emilee said...

I love the tree and I love the reading nook. I'll be filing those ideas away in my mind for future reference in decorating kids' rooms.

Erin R. said...

Love it!! Maybe one day if I have a little girl....

tawna said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!!

You GO girl!! (you too, tams!)

it looks fanTAStic!!

yayyyyyy!!!


p.s. I love you, your spouse, and all of your offspring.

p.p.s. just now, when I typed "of" I actually typed "ove" ..... weird.

yes. please send your kids to my preschoool.


sheeesh. :P

Staigerfamily said...

OH! The memories! It is so fun to look at this! Glad to see Chels still likes it :) It really turned out cute. Now I need my sisters to come help me do my house :) Or . . . just to come . . . maybe all the laughing, talking and movie watching we wouldn't ever get to any actual work . . .

Connor and Jana said...

That is so cute!! You are so creative! I love seeing your projects because they always turn out awesome!! I just bet Chelsea loves it.

Emily said...

Love it!

Michelle said...

Look the world's worst blog commenter is actually leaving a comment. The room looks great!! That is such a cute idea. One day I will actually get around to decorating my house. Maybe.....

Brenda said...

Isabel was just saying the other day that she and Chelsea dressed Michael up. He looks so cute! He looks so girly. Those pictures could definitely be used for ammo later :) Isabel is so jealous of Chelsea's room!

Nathan said...

Nice!

Amy Michelle said...

wow!! so cute!!