Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's day

I was truly spoiled this year for Mother's day.

First, there was the Mother's-day-tea at Michael's preschool.


I loved getting time to spend with him, all alone. 


He served me a plate of treats, and then served himself. What a gentleman!

He decorated this beautiful flower pot, which had a picture of him now, and from the beginning of the year.


Then the kids sang some song and surprised us with a special "THANK YOU!" 
(that's what the paper plates are supposed to spell....)

Then, the next morning...

I got to eat donuts with Chelsea at her school!

It's harder to get pictures at school....

around all the friends...

while eating sticky donuts...

and needing to rush off to the CROWDED book fair in the library.

But, we got this one!


For the actual Mother's day, the kids and Dan brought me breakfast in bed:
a bowl of fruit
a blue berry  muffin
and an english muffin sandwhich (eggs, cheese, and bacon, YUM!)

We don't have church until 1:00, and the weather was BEAUTIFUL, so we went to feed the ducks at the park.






Brinly LOVED riding on Dad's shoulders...



She's a great driver!


Despite the challenges, frustrations, tears, and exhaustion...

I love the

laughter...

smiles...

kisses...

hugs...

cuddles...

and plain joy I get from being a MOM! 

3 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Happy Mother's day!! I love the look on Michael's face. . . so proud. . . and you and chelz look so sweet!!

Erin R. said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you had such a great one this year!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Treats, donuts, breakfast in bed, ducks at the park...You guys know how to celebrate!:) Glad you had a great Mother's Day- you deserve it!

Love your new hair, too! Super cute!