Friday, January 8, 2010

overheard at our house...

I was busy doing some things on the computer, and realized I hadn't seen Michael in a while. I called out to him:

Mom: "MIIIIIICHAELLLLLL!  What are you doooooooing?"
Michael: "Laying on my bed."

This is quite unusual for my active little boy, so I went to go see what exactly he meant by that. To my surprise, he was, actually, just laying there.

I sit down by him, stroke his hair and say:

Mom: "Why are you laying on your bed?"


He responds, very mater-of-factly...

Michael: "Because I'm in time out."

Oh yeah. I remember now.

 I had sent him here a while ago for doing something I had previously told him not to do.

I think he had been there for like 30 minutes.

I had forgotten....

Mom: (hangs head in shame)

11 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Oh . . . these are seriously the worst moments as a mom. BUT--I think we've ALL done it at least once. What a sweet obedient little boy!! Welcome to the mistake making mom's club!

Michelle said...

I can't believe that he actually stayed there. Josh screams, "Can I come out yet?" after he has been in time out for like 20 seconds. He would never last 30 min.

PerryParty3 said...

Michelle...
that's what he USUALLY does, so that's why I forgot about him...until I noticed how quiet it was...

Brit said...

Haha! I love it, I can totally see myself doing something like that, not sure if my kids would cooperate though. Haha, thanks for the laughs!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

What a great obedient boy!

The Greenwald Family said...

Haha. What an obedient kid. I've done that but when my kids get quiet in their rooms it's b/c they feel asleep.

tawna said...

oh saaad! :(

Pooooor guy.

You owe him cookies.

Or skittles.

Or maybe you guys are even now from the hiding-in-the-closet-sneaking-treats incident.. :D

Gary Church said...

Glad I'm not the only one guilty of this!!

Shawn and Tasha said...

What?! He actually OBEYS you?

That's seriously adorable. I love that little guy.

Dad Hadfield said...

Trisa,

Been there done that with each of our children and they were not damaged so lift up your head.

We were not made parents because we know everything or because we do everything right.

Often it is through the mistakes that we make that we gain the greatest growth.

The important thing is to keep loving your children and they will feel your love.

Beckblogger said...

Wow! I'm super impressed that he stayed there for that long! I remember being about 10 and my mom forgetting that I was in "the corner". A long time later, they were all eating dinner and she finally said, "Where's Becky?"....bad memory!