Don't let that cute face fool you. He was a real headache! The first session he would go with some hesitation, but as soon as he was in the water, he had a great time!
But for some reason, the next session was a nightmare. He'd be all excited to go, but the minute he was showered and I took him to his class, he'd shy away and hide behind me. I tried to just make the lifeguards take him, screaming and kicking, but then it turned into a tantrum (a mom knows when her kid is fake-crying), and that is just unacceptable. So, I'd go fetch him and make him sit on the bleachers. Then he'd cry because he wanted to go swim. Some days I'd let him try again, but the same thing happened over and over. We became quite the spectacle. the last week of swim lessons I didn't even try. We just sat on the bleachers and watched Chelsea...while Michael whined that he wasn't with his class. Any suggestions for the kid? HELP!
3 comments:
sorry no suggestions, but it does sound like something Belle would do, grr!
Oh no! Hopefully it's just one of those fun phases we get to experience.
Clayton did the SAME darn thing, just opposite weeks though. The first 2 week session took him almost the entire time getting comfortable with his class/teachers. He would just sit off on the side doing his own thing. I knew he loved the water, just couldn't figure out what his deal was. It took a lot of talking about it and coaxing every day. Maybe it was a good thing he didn't have the option to sit out since I was in Packer's class.
I don't know what to tell you, but I totally feel for ya.
Post a Comment