Monday, July 27, 2009

A Few overheard at our house(s)

Overheard #1
Setting: I'm down at Michael's eye level, scolding him for something he had done. I don't remember now what it is...there's been too many "scoldings" lately...

Me: Michael, I never want to see you doing that again! Do you understand me

Michael has been looking back and forth from one of my eyes to the other..and slowly...a smile creeps onto his face


Me: What? What are you smiling at?

michael: Mom! There's a Michael in your eye!

At this point, we both start laughing. So much for keeping a serious tone!


Overheard #2
We are at Grandma Perry's house for the wedding (see post below..) and notice Michael and his cousin Josh, are missing. (There's only a 9 day difference in their age) Chelsea tells us they are out front.

We go to get them and see this:





Grandma: What's this water on the front porch?

Michael: It's PEE!

GROSS! We're still not sure who did it, as neither confessed, but either one could have been found guilty. My hunch is that is was Michael...although he insists it was Josh. I've just caught him one too many times in our back yard "watering the bush".

5 comments:

Brit said...

so that's what a boy does huh? I need to prepare myself haha!

Shawn and Tasha said...

hahaha!:) Boys will be boys.:)

Staigerfamily said...

I loved this! Thanks for the laughs. Both of these were fantastic stories. Michael and Nathan are SO alike. . . I can totally see Nathan doing BOTH of those. Except the not confessing part. . . he'd jump right up and proudly admit that it was his pee. Micheal in the eyes. . . too cute!

Michelle said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! I didn't know you took a picture of that. I have to say that it very well could have been Josh too. He loves to pee outside. I have even caught him going #2 outside. It was good to see you guys again!!

Perry Parents said...

haha I didn't know that happened. gross... i sat on that exact spot yesterday. no joke. hahaha but i guess it had already been washed away.
~melissa