Monday, May 18, 2009

All things baby...



So, I feel the countdown beginning! This week I reach 37 weeks...about the time Michael surprised us by coming early. I keep telling everyone that I'll probably come early, but I'm okay with waiting three more weeks. My days are busy keeping up with the other two and other events in our lives that I'm sure the time will fly right by. My countdown of friends that have to come before me is almost gone. Just Emilee and Rachel...which could come any day now! It's so fun to have so many friends going through the same things I am. :)

Emotionally, I feel ready. Physically...we're almost there. My house is a mess, but that's what this week is for!

We ALMOST got the crib up, but can't seem to remember where we placed all the hardware to put it together. We've found most of what we needed at Lowe's and have a few more stores to check out for the rest. I know as soon as we get the final screw...the bag with all the parts will show up. Why is it always like that?!

I am feeling really good. Too good probably...which makes me feel like I have a lot LONGER than just 3 weeks before the due date is here. My back aches by night time, but our awesome memory foam topper erases that by morning. I do feel exhausted all day long so I move a lot slower and take so much longer to get things done. But like I said, I am feeling great, and have NO reason to complain. It's fun to see her legs poking my stomach out, and even the kids enjoy watching and waiting for a foot to push back in. Kinda like that bopping game at Chuck E Cheese's. :)


The ladies in my ward threw me a baby shower last week. It was supposed to be a double baby shower with a girl who is due just a few weeks after me, but she had to cancel last minute because her other two kids had the stomach flu.



Chelsea was sad to miss the party due to Kindergarten, but not sad enough to stay home. Michael came with me and was so excited to open presents. I had a hard time figuring out who gave me what because cards and wrapping paper were flying everywhere! I think we got it under control though.


I was amazed at the generosity of these ladies, some of whom I barely know. Being the chorister in Primary, I don't get out much to meet the others. I think we might just be totally stocked on diapers for several months. WOOHOO!!!! But more than the amazing gifts, I was touched by the many offers to watch my kids when labor actually does kick in. I have been more stressed about this issue than any part of the delivery...who to take my kids to? The closest family we have are Dan's parents who live 4 hours away. So now, I have at least 5 phone numbers in my cell phone of people in the ward willing to watch my kids any day or night. I am so grateful to their generosity and kindness!

Now, I can truly focus on the pain and joy that is hopefully not too far way from me now!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun!! I love baby showers. I have had a few friends mention that they hope I have a girl so they can throw me a shower. It's funny that you mentioned finding someone to watch your kids for the main event. I have been worrying about that since I got pregnant. Katherine was out here at school when I had Josh and Mason and now I have no sisters here. Well Melissa will be here, but it goes like Josh and Mason there won't be time to get her here. I guess I have another 5 or 6 months to worry about that. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one! I am excited for you guys.

tawna said...

Oh many things to say!

1) You looks so good! I am LOVING your belly. and the stick-thin rest of you.

2) LOVE LOVE the pic of you and michael on the couch- you look absolutely gorgeous!! and I cant really tell you're that preggers in that pic.

3) THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR TAKING CARE OF MY SISTER!

seriously. I started tearing up reading about those sweet people willing and anxious to help you out. I know i would feel super stressed and terrified if we didnt have family 12 min away or 2 min away from the hospital to drop our kids off at. Im SO glad you are going to be taken care of. I LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!

4) I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!! what a lucky,blessed, and sweet baby girl to come join the family!!!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

Sounds like you are doing great. Everything is good here. I told someone today that you would probably have your baby before me. I guess we will see. Everyone here that was pregnant (and who's due dates were after mine) is no longer pregnant. I am just a slow cooker! Hope all goes well.

Amber said...

I cannot get over how absolutely cute you look! I've never been pregnant, but I can pretty much guarantee that I won't look even half as you do when I'm three weeks from my due date.

Amber said...

Oops! *I won't look even half as cute as you do* That's what I meant to type.

thesearlesociety said...

Now I can see that you're pregnant! :) In other pictures it doesn't look like you are. But even in that picture, it's all baby. You look so cute! I would watch your kids in a heart beat if we were there! Good luck and can't wait to see Baby girl Perry!

Connor and Jana said...

You look so good! I can't believe that you only have three weeks left! This has gone by really fast. Your kids are so cute, I bet they will be the best little helpers! I hope everything goes well! I will be thinking of you over the next few weeks!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Dang girl, you're looking good!:) I can't believe she's almost here!!! WAHOO! Hope things go well for you this time around (early or not). What an awesome ward to stock you up on diapers/gifts AND take the kiddos. Isn't it great when you have absolutely no family around at all that your ward family becomes your family. I think everyone is excited for this sweet little girl's arrival.

ps- Michael's just as cute as ever in that pic of the two of you. Love it!:)

Emily said...

You look amazing! I can't wait to see what that little girl looks like.

Erin R. said...

First off....you look amazing!! I can't believe you are less than three weeks away! I am so excited to see pictures of this darling little girl!

What a great shower! It will be so great to have all those diapers! I am so glad that you have such a fabulous ward! I wish I was there to pamper you and help you out, but I am glad that the sisters are so willing to step in!