Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Balloon Festival

So, this happened so long ago, I don't remember which month. October? oh well, we had fun and it's better late than never to blog about it!

Prosser has an anual balloon festival each year. I've been to the ne in Texas and thought it was neat, so I thought the kids would really like it. Of course it was not nearly as big as the one in Texas (is anything?), but the kids did love it. We woke them early in the morning so we could make it to prosser by 6 AM. I was so proud of myself for being so prepared. I brought a change of clothes for the kids, so they wouldn't have to wear pajamas, and packed a breakfast so we could eat in the car. Everything was great, until we went to dress Michael. I totaly forgot his pants! To make it worse, he had gone to bed in just his pajama shirt. Dan tried to fix it by tying his jacket around his waste, but then he just looked like he was wearing a kilt. We decided to wrap him up in his blanket and carry him everywhere, which was no easy feat, since he's getting so big!



When we arrived, all the ballons were spread out all over a famer's field.

We didn't have to wait long before they started up the fire to get the hot air blowing.
Unfortunately, Chelsea still has a phobia of large fires from Dan's accident, so this freaked her out. Not to mention it was a little loud. she's a very sensitive little girl.


Michael made sure to wave to all the passengers as they lifted off on their hot-air balloon adventure. He's still asking when he gets to have a turn.




We are definitly coming next year, but next time, I'll be sure to remember Michael's pants! AND hot chocolate.

4 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

Me thunk da wee lad looked mighty grand in da kilt.

PerryParty3 said...

Dan, I thought you were supposed to be working...

Anonymous said...

Trisa!! It was great to hear from you. It has been a long time. We definitely need to catch up. Send me an e-mail:
mexeste@gmail.com

My wife and I went piano shopping around Thanksgiving. While we were looking at the different pianos, I thought about your mom, piano lessons and wondered what you were up to.

Perry Parents said...

That looks like it was fun to go see. I don't think I have ever seem a hot air balloon in person. Oh and that is very funny that you forgot pants for Michael! :)

~melissa