Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Over night Hike

Dan took me on an over night hike. We were able to leave the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We only had about 3 days and 2 nights, so we were able to go 18 miles. The weather was perfect. Dan had everything planned out from meals to gear to entertainment. The meals were delicious! I never though I would like freeze dried food so much! WE had lasanga, Bacon & eggs, chicken & rice, and a raspberry cookie dessert just to name a few. We had such a blast! On our hike, we saw a black bear about 20 yards away, 2 HUGE elk, some snakes, and I got stung my two yellow jackets at the last 1/2 mile. It was the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on. Thanks Dan!

4 comments:

tawna said...

COOOOooOOOOOOOOL!!!!! I wanna go!!!! with Patrick, of course.

How fun that you guys did that!! but 18 miles? Didn't the pioneers have about a 6 mi/day record? and that was trying to carry ALL their stuff! With kids! hmmmm..... :P

Love you!

Staigerfamily said...

That is SO awesome! I totally admire you guys! What a fun way to spend sometime together!

Benson Fam said...

You two are way cooler than we are! I'm going to show Joe your blog, if he needs creative dating ideas I'll send him to Dan.

Beckblogger said...

Relaxing? Wow! Great idea and very impressive.

You're awesome! Thanks for sharing!

--Varden